I disappeared last week. Sorry about that. I needed a mini break from all organized activity. Surely you’ve been in the same boat. But I’m back to crafting this week and I have a fancy set of earrings for you to make that’s quick and easy.
These are the kind of homemade earrings that make great gifts.
- They look more expensive than they are (but aren’t cheaply made), so that’s a win for both the maker and the recipient.
- They’re super easy to assemble.
- They go well with all outfits.
Want to make some? Keep reading!
Materials for Bead String Earrings
- Bead caps
- Fancy beads
- Earring rods
- Earring hooks
- Jewelry pliers (not pictured)
Tips for choosing beads:
- Choose beads that aren’t exactly the same size. You can see that some of mine are oblong, others are round and some look squished. Some are even textured.
- Choose beads with some shine. Beads that shimmer a little bit look so much better in indoor lighting.
I purchased all of my supplies at Michael’s (of course), but you can pick yours up at any craft or hobby shop.
Step 1: Start with a bead cap
Slide one bead cap to the bottom of your earring rod.
Follow that with a string of beads misshapen beads.
Lastly, top with a bead cap.
It’s like a sandwich of beads!
Note: Leave some room at the top of your earring rod. We’re using that space in the next step.
Step 2: Make a wire loop
Using your round-nosed pliers, twist the excess wire at the top of the earring rod into a loop. Don’t close it completely.
Step 3: Add the earring hook
Slide on the earring hook and close your loop.
Repeat steps 1-3 for the second earring.
When you’re finished, you’ll have this fancy pair of earrings! Keep them for yourself or give them to someone you know will love them.
You could always hang on to them and give them as a Christmas gift. I know, I know, it’s August. But Christmas sneaks up on you. You could be prepared for that.
Let me know what you think!