I have had long hair for as long as I can remember. In the past two years I’ve MAYBE had it cut 3 times. It was easier to braid it and be done with it.
My hair was about 24 inches long… until today.
When I was a senior in college my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. Watching her go through that was very difficult for me. This was someone that I talk to every day, someone who used to braid my hair for me… and now she was losing hers. She has since recovered (YAY Mom!) and is doing very well.
I decided to donate my hair to Locks of Love. So today, I told one open-minded person that I was going. If I told more people they probably would’ve talked me out of it and I didn’t want that.
I went to the hair salon and got 11 inches chopped off.
I don’t particularly like it but I don’t hate it either. It will grow on me. I know that I made a good decision and that is what makes me happy.
If you have long hair i highly recommend you donate it. Here are my top 10 reasons:
1. Someone else would be more than thankful for it
2. There is no better feeling in the world than helping someone else
3. When women lose their hair it is a serious shock to their system. Our culture puts so much emphasis on “hair is beauty” that women feel very insecure without it.
4. It constantly gets pulled
5. It gets caught in the car door
6. you can’t do anything with it but pull it up. Even then it probably falls out of the ponytail
7. It is heavy
8. It takes FOREVER to dry
9. You spend a lot of $$ on shampoo and conditioner
10. You can’t curl it because the weight pulls out the curls
BONUS: It grows back!