Today is the one year anniversary of the day I started Make Something Mondays! YAY! Thank you, to my followers, for making my first year of blogging a great one!
What I’ve learned:
- I am more crafty than I was a year ago– Seriously, I was WAAAAAAY more artsy than crafty. Now I can add another skill to my list.
- You truly have to love what you choose to blog about– I could talk about art for hours, maybe even days, without running out of steam. People become interested in what you are talking about if you are passionate.
- You are who you hang with– For those of you who blog, you know that you need to attract the right people and those people can really teach you something.
- “Patience is a virtue”– My parents told me this my whole life, literally. They probably told me this before I could even talk. Success doesn’t happen over night and sometimes it is good that it takes a while. If you were that good then, you would have nothing to work toward.
- It is a give and take relationship– If you give them something good then they give you a response.
- Take an interest in your followers– I’m serious! There are a ton of interesting people out there and I’ve found many of them through blogging. I’ve formed some great relationships with my followers. You are all wonderful!
Let’s recap on the highlights from 12/13/11-12/13/12
I deliberately didn’t put my crafts in this post. I want you to tell me which of my crafts you liked the most!!! Please comment and let me know. I want to see what you liked, what you tried, what you want to see more of, etc. This blog is for you guys! Tell me what you like to see!
28 thoughts on “One Year of Blogging”
I think the frosted glasses were my favorite craft but I haven’t had a chance to make them yet!
We can make them together 🙂
As a clarification…the glasses were my favorite to look at when they were done but the hula hoop was my favorite to watch you make : ) I miss sleeping over on Saturdays and watching you make things on Sundays after brunch at ENP. Reminiscing. It’s your fault…you opened the flood gates. Growing up = TRAP!
Aww I miss that too! You slept through the hula hoop craft though…
Congratulations! Can’t wait until my one year:)
Thank you! How long do you have?
4 months (I think) lol. However only recently I’ve become more involved.
Oh it gets to be very fun 🙂 I always get very excited when I get comments and new followers, even a year into it. Your blog is fun; it will grow!
I can’t believe it’s been only a year. I had so much pleasure from your blog and you introduced us to so many wonderful and unique artists out there. I loved the guy who made old books into new creations of art by carefully “dissecting” the pages – can’t remember his name now. An the artist who does this wonderful Photoshop, ironing his own trousers while his feet are dangling from the ironing-board!
You have been a real blessing to me! Thank you.
Thank you! I am glad you enjoy my bIog! I appreciate your comments and I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to read my blog.
The book surgeon’s name is Brian Dettmer and the photoshop guy’s name is Erik Johansson.
Thanks! 3:05 am!
When do you sleep? I thought I would be the early worm that gets caught, but here in SA it’s already past 5 am. God bless!
That time is definitely wrong, haha. It is only 10:30pm here. I’m rarely up that late 😀
yay! congrats. deserved fer shur.
Congratulations on your anniversary! 🙂 Love your blog!
Thank you very much! I appreciate it 🙂
Congrats – Here’s to Another Great Year to Come!!!
I second that! Thank you very much 🙂
Congratulation! Your blog is great, I love it!
Thank you so much!
How totally awesome 🙂 Well done on the first anniversary of your blog
Congratulations, Megan! Looking forward to another year of your great post…always marvel at such creative ideas and of course, the fantastic artwork. Catnip and Awakenings will celebrate their first years in February!
That is great to hear! I’m excited for you!
Thank you very much 🙂
I used to do crafts and more creative endeavors before life got so busy with teaching. I always appreciate how you Make Mondays Happen. Therefore I pass the nom baton on to you for Very Inspiring Blogger! Check it out: http://cricketmuse.wordpress.com/2012/12/23/inspire-me-or-alice-dont-believe-everything-you-read-or-eat/
Aww, Thank you so much! I appreciate that a lot! Sometimes it is hard to make the Mondays happen but I always do my best. I know people look forward to it and no matter how busy I am I know it will relieve some stress.
If you get back into crafting I would love to see it! I’m sure it is great!