Thank you so much to Deborah over at DeborahJane for nominating me for the One Lovely Blogger Award! You are too sweet. She’s a third year biomedical science student (I know, crazy) who shares her thoughts on science, crafts and happenings in her life. Seriously though, check out her blog. It’s always a good read.
The rules are as follows:
Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog in your post.
List the rules and display the award logo.
Include 7 facts about yourself.
Nominate 10 others and let them know you’ve nominated them.
So, 7 facts about me… hmmm.
I rarely watch TV but I could watch Criminal Minds all day long.
Green is my least favorite color.
I’ve been practicing yoga for 3 years.
Pinterest is my favorite search engine.
If I could wear leggings and a hoodie all day, every day I would be the happiest girl on the planet.
Make Something Mondays got me the job I currently have.
I hate cooking.
Now, for the important part: the nominations in no particular order.
Thank you to Konni Kim Designs for nominating me for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award. That was so sweet of you! Take a minute and check out her blog. She’s 17 and blogs about fashion, design, and style. I particularly enjoy her sketches! If it’s art, you know I love it.
I would like to pass this award on to the following bloggers, in no particular order.
This girl always has something fun going on over there. She’s a scrapbook addict. She posts all of her stuff on her blog and on her Etsy shop. She always has a new, fun experience with all of her work. Good stuff.
Thank you so much Amanda http://wannabephotographer87.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the “Wonderful Team Member Award”! Please check out her blog because she has posted some nifty photographs and they keep getting better.
The rules are as follows;
1.The Nominee of the Wonderful Team member Readership Award shall display the logo on his/her blog.
2.The Nominee shall nominate 14 readers they appreciate over a period of 7 days, all at once or little by little.
3.The Nominee shall name his/her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during 7 days.
Her are my 14 nominees in no particular order. These people have been with me for quite a while and I am more than lucky to have found such great and interesting people. Thank you!
wannabephotographer87– I am absolutely giving this back to you because your blog is wonderful and it always inspires me.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for Make Something Mondays.
Here’s an excerpt:
19,000 people fit into the new Barclays Center to see Jay-Z perform. This blog was viewed about 150,000 times in 2012. If it were a concert at the Barclays Center, it would take about 8 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
I received the Blog of the Year 2012 award! Thank you so much to FluxNews for nominating me 🙂 That blog is definitely worth checking out! Thank you very much for your support and being a constant visitor of my posts. So, one more time: THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!
The rules for this award are simple :
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award.
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
6. Marina Kanavaki– A FANTASTIC artist and designer. You will be missing out if you don’t click her link…
7. A Twist of Couture– Couture Stationery for Weddings,Social & Business. Texture, Color, and Font Addict who has a great blog!
8. spilledcookies– This lady inspires me to stay creative and always find something more. If you are an artist, musician, writer, etc, you should check her out! Even if you aren’t it is worth looking at.
9. Canvas & Thread– a unique and fellow artist who has been with me since my blog was created a year ago. Visit her blog for some great work and a good story!
10. Elenacaravela– Artist and illustrator of children’s books. An amazing blog!
Today is the one year anniversary of the day I started Make Something Mondays! YAY! Thank you, to my followers, for making my first year of blogging a great one!
What I’ve learned:
I am more crafty than I was a year ago– Seriously, I was WAAAAAAY more artsy than crafty. Now I can add another skill to my list.
You truly have to love what you choose to blog about– I could talk about art for hours, maybe even days, without running out of steam. People become interested in what you are talking about if you are passionate.
You are who you hang with– For those of you who blog, you know that you need to attract the right people and those people can really teach you something.
“Patience is a virtue”– My parents told me this my whole life, literally. They probably told me this before I could even talk. Success doesn’t happen over night and sometimes it is good that it takes a while. If you were that good then, you would have nothing to work toward.
It is a give and take relationship– If you give them something good then they give you a response.
Take an interest in your followers– I’m serious! There are a ton of interesting people out there and I’ve found many of them through blogging. I’ve formed some great relationships with my followers. You are all wonderful!
Let’s recap on the highlights from 12/13/11-12/13/12
Published 12/13/2012 | DIY Ornament
Published 01/4/2012 | The Street Work of Banksy
Published 1/7/2012 | This is What Happens When You Give Thousands of Stickers to Thousands of Kids
Published 02/19/2012 | Leonid Afremov
Published 03/9/2012 | My first Freshly Pressed article and most views at 4,923 people
Published 04/26/2012 | Painting With Sound
Published 6/8/2012 | 4D Artwork
Published 6/13/2012 | 25 Incredibly Detailed Black And White Portraits of the Homeless
Published 7/4/2012 | Peter Aurisch | Freshly Pressed for the second time!
Published 7/25/2012 | Watercolor
Published 10/28/12 | CALABARTE
Published 11/20/12 | Crafting with Corks
I deliberately didn’t put my crafts in this post. I want you to tell me which of my crafts you liked the most!!! Please comment and let me know. I want to see what you liked, what you tried, what you want to see more of, etc. This blog is for you guys! Tell me what you like to see!
I’ve been nominated for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award by the very talented blogger Arlen Shahverdyan. Please be sure to visit his blog. It is very inspiring as well. Thank you for nominating me 🙂
1. Link back to the person who nominated you: Thank you again dear Arlen Shahverdyanfor nominating my blog for this award. I’m very thankful for your support!
2. Post the award image to your page.
3. Tell 7 facts about yourself.
1. I played volleyball, basketball and soccer in school. I also participated in gymnastics and dance (hip hop and jazz). 2. I typically wear black or pink. 3. I’ve been dating my boyfriend for a little over four years. 4. I considered going to college to be a journalist or politician. 5. I am a bridesmaid in four weddings this year. Congrats to all of my friends who have been married and are getting married! 6. I enjoy learning. A lot. My goal in life is to take in as much knowledge as I can AND to use it. 7. I like heavy metal music.
4. These are my 15 nominations (in no particular order).
Wow, this is my second time being Freshly Pressed in 8 months. I am beyond flattered and I’m so happy that everyone is enjoying my blog. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to read my posts, like and follow me. I appreciate every single one!!! Honestly! And if you had feedback, comments or requests I Would love to hear it. Don’t be shy…
This is what I came home to today 🙂 Not as many views as the first time I was Freshly Pressed but I am still happy with it. The day isn’t over yet anyway!
I have been nominated by http://wannabephotographer87.wordpress.com/ for the Sunshine Award. Awww! Thank you! This is a blog you should definitely check out, especially if you are into photography. It is great watching the photos improv as she continues to write. Not something you would want to miss out on. Thank you!
The award has some guidelines to be followed.
1. Include the logo in a post on your blog.
2. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
3. Nominate 10-12 marvelous bloggers.
4. Let your nominees knows about their award by linking them to the Sunshine Award in their comments sections.
5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you!
10 questions for the Sunshine Award
Favorite Color: Black. I know it sounds depressing but it really is the perfect color
Favorite Animal: I have no idea… something tropical maybe.
Favorite Number: 25
Favorite Drink: coffee or tea
Facebook or Twitter: Neither
Your Passion: Art of any kind
Favorite Pattern: Anything that is black and white
Giving or Receiving Gifts: Giving for sure!! I’m always excited when I find a gift I know that someone will love.
Favorite Day: Saturdays
Favorite Flower: I really dislike flowers. I know I sound all pessimistic here, but I never understood the whole giving flowers as a gift tradition. You give someone flowers and a week later they are all dead. Not my way of passing along joy. I’ll make paper flowers and enjoy them for as long as I want 🙂
The following talented bloggers have given me non-stop encouragement and sunshine to my dull days:
First, thank you to elenacaravela for passing this award on to me. This blogger is an amazing artist and her blog always keeps me entertained. She always keeps it fresh and interesting. Thank you for helping to make my WordPress experience a positive one.
Here are the rules for the “7×7 Link Award.” 1. Reveal 7 things about myself that you guys don’t already know. 2. Place up 7 of my favorite links, and 3. Pass the award on, to 7 or more bloggers.
7 Things you don’t know about me:
1. I played video games religiously until college. Then I got rid of my N64 because I wanted to focus in college.
2. I played basketball, volleyball, soccer, and took dance in high school.
3. I, not my parents, bought my first car when I was 16.
4. I was a waitress for 8 years.
5. I don’t like the color green
6. I took 3 years of french in high school
7. My favorite book is Kiss The Girls by James Patterson